Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 4 Thing 8 Google Reader

This evening I opened a Google Reader Account and browsed around looking for some YA blogs and news feeds that I could add to it. After spending the initial time investment of finding blogs and news feeds that one is intereted in, I like how this is a time-saving feature. When there's a update on those sites to which I subscribe, I will find it on my Google Reader page. I can see how this will be a very useful application in the library and around campus. Students can set up accounts so they get news feeds for current events or if they are trying to locate specific information for projects. I like that I can subscribe to other YA book blogs and know when a new posting comes out. Adding these feeds to teacher web pages or to our library page is another possibility.

1 comment:

Liz Dodds said...

Yes! I like your idea of adding these blogs to the teacher webpage for the teachers' further education.