Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 3 Thing 7 Flickr

I do enjoy technology! Digital cameras are very easy to use. I own a simple one but after playing around in Flickr and looking at the amazing photographs, I'd like to get a better camera. I'd love to take a class in digital photography. One of the things I like to do when I have spare time is to scrapbook. I'd love to try digital scrapbooking. I had great fun playing around with some of the programs available in Flickr. I would enjoy learning how to manipulate my digital photographs with special effects. I am also a great fan of the Ipod. I've taken a short course in Podcasting and I can see all kinds of uses for that technology. I found a few teachers that actually record their lectures with a digital recorder and then post it on their web pages. I would have loved to have had access to this type of technology when I was a student. I was a slow notetaker and missed many points of lectures. Students who are not strong auditory learners would benefit from this type of technology, as would English Learners, student with particular learning disabilities, atheletes who miss class due to their competition schedules, etc. What a powerful learning tool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE digital photography too. It's very freeing when you realize that bad photos disappear with the click of a button. You are going to really enjoy doing this process. For me, each Activity was a "that's so totally cool, ah ha moment".

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

If you love digital scrapbooking, you might be interested in blurb.com at some point.

Liz Dodds said...

I would like to know how you or teachers at your school end up using podcasting. I took a class and will try to play with it this summer. A science teacher at my hs has had her students do podcasts at the end of this school year for next year's students.