Thursday, June 7, 2007

Week 2 Thing 3 & Thing 4 Blog & Avatar


Yahoo! AvatarsI have been trying to post an Avatar. I had some challenges but I finally figured out how to do it after about a half hour. I had great fun creating Avatars. I created about 4 to fit different moods and occasions. My teenage daughters gave me lots of suggestions. The one I selected to post today represents finishing my third year in the library. This summer I am hoping to relax, rejuvenate, complete my CLAD courses, learn great things from Library 2.0, travel and READ!!!

I figured out how to register my blog with Library2.O. That went much more quickly than the posting of my Avatar. Even though this can be a bit frustrating at times, because of my learning curve, I am enjoying what I am learning.

I do have some questions that you more experienced people may be able to answer. I ended up pasting my Avatar right on to the page. Is there a better way? I tried using the "add image" icon. My Avatar would paste in duplicate. I tried deleting one and then published the entry but I would receive an error message. Any tips?

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - your blog looks great and so does your avatar. We are sure you will enjoy the journey.

Each week, you get more and more comfortable with all the blog features, and will soon think nothing of bolding or linking to something when you post.

Next week or so, if you re-read the "how to add" an avatar using the HTML element rather than pasting a picture, you will find that rewarding.

Enjoy!

Liz Dodds said...

I found adding the avatar to be a bit challenging also but it looks like you succeeded nicely!