Friday, June 1, 2007

Week 1 Thing 1 & Thing 2 Life-Long Learning

Thing #1
Now I begin the adventure of CSLA Library 2.0. I've set up my Happy Trails blog in the middle of textbook returns no less. I feel like I've been herding cattle for days on end, so it feels right to take on a more creative challenge in the midst of organized chaos.

I am excited about learning all the technology listed in 23 Things. I am apprehensive about completing everything by the due date as I am also working on CLAD classes this summer.

I've already enjoyed reading many of the other blogs. I felt inspired, so much so that I have avoided doing my CLAD work to read blogs.

Thing #2
After watching the Lifelong Learners slideshow, I pondered what would be my greatest obstacle. I believe time will be my biggest challenge but I have developed a plan to succeed. I will spend time on CLAD and time on Library 2.0 each week. If I have a set schedule, I should procrastinate less.

The positive outcomes from this will be learning the new technology and then being able to share it with my colleagues as well as thinking of creative ways to use it with the students and classes that visit my library.

No comments: