Saturday, July 7, 2007

Week 6 Thing 14 Technorati

I just finished exploring in Technorati. It is amazing to discover how many blogs are out there in the blogosphere. Technorati is a fantastic tool to help you search for blogs you would be interested in reading regularly. I signed up on Technorati and claim my learning blog. I searched under the tag of libraries and young adult fiction to find blogs I may be interested in reading regularly. I added those as favorites and added tags to them.

I have learned how tagging in Flickr, Technorati and del.icio.us helps save time for those who regularly use web 2.0. I also like that once you find a blog you like to read, you can find out what that blogger likes to read in Technorati and possibly find other blogs to read. It's similar to a book recommendation from a friend with similar tastes.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, there are a lot of blogs out there in the blogosphere and now there are a growing number of librarian blogs. The more librarian blogs, the better, I'd say!

Best wishes.