Thursday, July 5, 2007

Week 5 Thing 11 Ning & Library Thing

LibraryThing is amazing. I set up a free account, made a book list and perused around the site. I added some book covers to my blog. I am starting to see how you could spend hours at the computer utilizing all this new technology. I plan to introduce LibraryThing to my students and teachers who are avid readers because it is a wonderful tool to help you find books to read, keep track of what you've read, share what you are reading and discuss what you are reading with others. I'm also going to share it with some of my family members who love to read. I took some time to check out Ning. I plan to research it a little more before I join a group. I didn't really find a group that interested me. I'd rather join the on-line book club on LibraryThing. I do want to go back and spend some more time on the Web 2.0 winners site to see what else is out there. I was like a little kid at Christmas, once I opened LibraryThing I only wanted to play with that.

2 comments:

Liz Dodds said...

I love Library Thing too! Doesn't it add a lot of nice color to your blog? Will you let us know if you join the LT Book Club how you like it?

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

You may want to add a link to LibraryThing and Ning. Why not "edit" your post, highlight the word "LibraryThing" and click on the link icon. Links are great.

Enjoy!