Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 8 Thing 19 Library Thing

I had already explored Library Thing during Week 5. I spent a couple of hours later adding books to my book list and checking to see if they were favorites of others. I love the suggestion tab. I was able to find other books I had forgotten I had read and I was able to get some great suggestions for further reading. I plan to use this with some of my 7th grade Language Arts classes whose teachers have built a reading culture in their classrooms. These classes visit the library regularly for book talks and the students "talk" to each other about great reads on School Loop, our intergrated communication system. I think many of these students and their teachers would enjoy keeping track of what they read on Library Thing. It was interesting to see that some of the books I had read have been read by thousands of people and then I have some that only 2 others have read. I love Library Thing. It is something I will continue to use and definitely share with others.

I have another question. How do I respond to someone who has left a comment on my blog or asked a question of me?

No comments: